Leading Causes of Home Fires

What is the most common type of fire that is likely to occur inside your home? The leading cause of fires in the house is cooking (47%) followed by heating equipment (15%) and then electrical malfunctions (9%). When it comes to cooking, however, there are several ways that a fire can start. For instance, an unattended oven, stovetop, or grill can cause a damaging blaze to erupt. Grease fires are also a standard way that a home can catch fire. Because of the heat retention of grease, oils, and fats, they will stay hot for extended periods of time. Also, it’s common for people to overheat oils when they are cooking or to get distracted while frying. Many people can sympathize with the sensation of cooking bacon and having the grease pop onto their hands. All it takes is for someone to lose their grip on a pan and drop the oil onto the stove burner and it’s up in flames.

While there are myriad ways to create a grease fire, there are only a few ways to extinguish one. These types of flames seem to be the hardest to put out since doing so improperly can result in disastrous consequences. Next thing they know there is a massive fire that can spread rapidly. Luckily, the National Fire Protection Association offers a few tips on how to prevent home cooking fires. Ultimately, being aware of your area and being mindful of combustible items may help in avoiding a kitchen fire.

Grease Fires, Smoke Damage, and Restoration

Have you experienced a grease fire firsthand? If you have, then you probably agree that it was a very harrowing ordeal. These types of situations can get out of hand in a hurry. One of the things that people may not think about is what the smoke can do to your home. Grease fires can produce copious amounts of smoke, and they spread quickly. Depending on how the fire burned, smoke can fill several rooms in just minutes. Not only is smoke damage an eyesore, but it also leaves a lingering odor that will continuously remind you of the terrible experience. In the aftermath, you may feel overwhelmed by all the damage. Luckily, ServiceMaster by A-Town Hi-Tech is ready to help restore your home at a moment’s notice year-round.

Fire Damage Restoration in Abilene, Texas

After a grease fire, the damage may be hard to reverse without the proper tools and supplies. Our team of technicians will respond as quickly as possible to your emergency and work to restore your home using professional equipment, cleaners, and techniques. ServiceMaster by A-Town Hi-Tech also uses cutting-edge technology to help map out homes affected by fires. This mapping tech helps insurance adjusters see the extent of the damage and make much more accurate claim offers. Our goal is to provide you with courteous, professional, and expedient service. Contact us in case of an emergency 24 hours a day, seven days a week.